(FF) When darkness veils the world...


... four warriors of light shall come.

Today I start my adventure with the original Final Fantasy. And by start I mean restart. I bought this game for my PSP last June so I would have something to do on the plane for 5 hours. No experience playing any Final Fantasy titles before VIII and no walkthrough. Boy I'll tell you, that was frustrating. About 3 hours into the game I shut it off, never wanting to touch it again.
But now that I am home, over a year later in a relaxed environment and knowing what's ahead of me... I pick it up again and choose "New Game".
Let me tell you, it's not so bad! I'm about 5 hours in and working my way through the bottom floors of the Earth Cave. Yes there's lots of running back and forth but I don't mind. Not much of a story but it's the foundation of the best selling RPG series... I am appreciating retro games more and more everyday.
I'm enjoying the music so far... not sure what is original and what's not, but still has that old school video game sound that I love.
I have chosen to create a party consisting of:
Warrior
Thief
Red Mage
White Mage

So we shall see how it goes! Stay tuned, kupo!

Song playing: The Offspring - (Can't Get My) Head Around You

No comments:

Post a Comment